Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Tacos with creamy cilantro sauce

Made this tonight and will definitely be making it again soon, so so good! I got the recipe for the sauce and vegetable mix here: http://www.cookusinterruptus.com/fish-tacos-w-creamy-cilantro-sauce-4136-127.html

Meat:
I used frozen breaded tillapia, cooked according to package instructions. But use whatever fish/steak/chicken you want!

Tortillas:
I used small taco sized white corn tortillas toasted in a pan with a little bit of butter. (The recipe makes enough for 10-12 of this size)

Sauce:
1/4 cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt
1 tablespoon lime juice (*or juice from half a lime)
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (*I used 3 Tbsp)

1 clove garlic, pressed (*I used 1 tsp minced garlic)
1/8 teaspoon cumin 
1 tablespoon water

Vegetables:
1/2 cup shredded cabbage (*I didn't add this, mostly because I didn't have it on hand or I would have)
4 leaves romaine, rolled and cut in thin strips (*I used about 1 1/2-2 cups chopped romaine)
1 carrot, grated (*I didn't use this, but instead chopped half a yellow bell pepper)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice (*or juice from half a lime)
salt and pepper
(*I also added a Tbsp of chopped cilantro)


Combine all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.  In another bowl, add vegetables and dress with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper and toss. Assemble tacos and top with grated cheese, diced avocado, and/or salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment